Published on June 24, 2020 by Prithu Singh Thakuri
Do you want toStore your Contact Form 7 Entriesin your WordPress Database?
Contact Form 7 is the most popular plugin in the WordPress repository with 5 million+ active installations. The plugin helps to create a beautiful and clean contact form. You can create and manage multiple contact forms in the site using the Contact Form 7 plugin.
Contact Form 7 Plugin
Being an excellent plugin that Contact Form 7 is, the plugin might not be able to store all the information. A website might need to store all the necessary submission entries submitted in Contact Form 7 without losing any kind of data including attachments.
In this tutorial, we will learn to Store your Contact Form 7 Entries in your WordPress Database.
See what is in this blog (table of contents) hide
- Contact Form 7 Store To DB
- Let’s Store Contact Form 7 Entries in WordPress Database
- Step 1: Installing Contact Form 7 To DB Plugin
- Step 2: Plugin Main Page
- Step 3: View Entry Details Page
- Step 4: General Setting Page
- Step 5: Entry Report Page
Contact Form 7 Store To DB
The plugin is the extension to the Contact Form 7 plugin. It stores all the submission entries submitted through the contact form 7 without losing all the data including attachment. The plugin stores all the entities safely. In the cases of fail of submission, the plugin saves the information. The lost, deleted or removed mails are stored. It saves all the necessary information. It also manages other detail server issues or misconfiguration.
Protect, manage and store the Contact Form 7 entries of your business which are important to you using the plugin in simple ways!
Major Features of Contact Form 7 To DB:
- Custom Post Type Entries
- Attachment Storage in Default WordPress Gallery
- Disable Attachment Storage
- Disable Storing of the Entries for Specific Contact Form
- CSV for the Entries
- Delete Attachment while deleting Entries
- Filter and Report Generation
- No Coding Skill Needed
Let’s Store Contact Form 7 Entries in WordPress Database
Step 1: Installing Contact Form 7 To DB Plugin
Firstly, you need to get have Contact Form 7 To DB Plugin on your WordPress website. In order to do so, go to CodeCanyon and Purchase Contact Form 7 To DB plugin. After you purchase the plugin, you will receive a zipped file in the Email.
In order to install the plugin in your site, follow our tutorial guide on ‘How to Install New WordPress Plugin?’
Install and Activate the plugin on your WordPress website.
Step 2: Plugin Main Page
After you install and activate the plugin, you will see the ‘CF7 Entries’ menu on the wp-admin sidebar menu.
This is the landing page of the plugin. When you click on the menu, you land on this page. This is the ‘All Entries’ page. You can view the listing of the Contact Form 7 entries created from this particular page.
There is a different section of ‘All Entries Page’.
- Go To Entry Report: This is just the simple link to go directly to the “Entry Report” page.
- Export Entries: Export entries work as the overall export of the CSV of all the entries in the page. If you don’t select any of the options, all of the entries will export.
- Additional Filter Options: Different additional option besides the date (default WordPress post filter option to filter post by date) are described as below.
- Show All Form: The form title generated form contact form 7 plugin section gets displayed.
- All Form Status: This option will sort the entries by form status either read or unread or all by default.
- Entries Action Row: You can enter tooltip title to display in this field.
- View Details: This is the link that takes the user to the full detail of the entries with all the details that visitors submit to the user along with few additional details for the site admin.
- Trash Entries: Trash Entries will allow you to either move the entries into the trash or delete permanently according to the option selected from the “General Setting” page
- Export CSV: From here, you can export the individual CSV with all the related details in the post.
- Mark As Unread: From here, you can reset that particular contact form 7 entry status to unread if the current entry is set to “read” while viewing the single entry detail.
Step 3: View Entry Details Page
In this section, you can see the full detail of the entry.
- Contact Form Email
First tab section is called “Menu Structure”. Here, You can add menu fields for new menu by clicking on selected pages, posts, categories on the left side of the page.
- From: Sender of the mail., This part includes name and email part.
- To: This is the receiver email. This email is as per the one assigned while generating the contact form 7 form.
- Date: Date the mail was sent to the admin.
- Subject: Subject of the mail for quick preview what the mail was meant.s
- Mail Format
This section contains the basic mail format that was sent to you or intended to send to the email address as assigned.
- Attachments Entries
Here, you can see all the attachment that was upload through the contact form 7 plugin form.
You can view the attachment in a new tab which you can save to your device by right click and “save as”.
- Full Field Entries
From here, you can see the list of all the value from the field from that particular “Contact Form 7 Plugin” form.
- Additional Entry
- IP Address: Here, you can find the public IP address of the user device which was used to sent you the “Contact Form 7” submission.
- User-Agent Header: Here, you can find the detail about the browser of that of the user while submitting the form.
- User-Agent: Here, you can find the detail about the basic detail of the browser along with other additional details of the user.
- Referred Post: here, you can find the referred post where there “Contact Form 7” form was inserted or the post related to the form.
- Referred CF7 Form: Here, you can find the “Contact Form 7” form which was used for form submission.
Step 4: General Setting Page
From this panel, you can configure the general setting for the plugin. These are the configurable options below:
- Enable Storage: From here, you can enable or disable the storage of the “Contact Form 7” entries.
- Disable Attachment Storage: When checked, no attachment will be uploaded.
- Delete Attachment While Deleting Entries: When checked, attachment-related with the specific post will also be deleted. Only works while emptying trash.
- Temporary Disable Storing For Specific Form: You can set or unset the disabling of the storage of the entries for any specific “Contact Form 7” form.
- Individual CSV File Name: From here, you can set the name of the individual CSV to be downloaded. You can use #current_timestamp for current time value.
- Entry Report Image File Name: From here, you can set the name of the group CSV to be downloaded. You can use #current_timestamp for current time value.
- Entry Report Image File Name: From here, you can set the name of the “entry report” file to be downloaded. It will be set as “cf7stdb-entry-report” if it is empty. You can use #current_timestamp for current time value.
- Enable Direct Delete of Entries Post: If checked, trashing the entries will skip trash and permanently delete the Entries
- Disable Storing of the IP Address and Browser Data: If checked, user data such as public IP address and browser detail won’t be stored, for GDPR reason
Step 5: Entry Report Page
From this panel, you will land on the “Entry Report” page where you can see the list of a number of posts submitted through the different “Contact Form 7” forms. Various section of the
- Select Contact Form: Either select the report for all the ” Contact Form 7 ” Forms or choose any specific.
- Year: You can input the year of which you would like to generate the report.
- Month: Easily set the specific month, you would like to the report needs to be generated.
- Generate Report: When this button clicked, will filter the various filter values and generate the required report for all the entries that have been stored from the plugin.
- Save Report as Image: In this section, you can generate the image file for the entry report that currently being generated or shown on screen.
In this way, you can Store your Contact Form 7 Entries in your WordPress Database in an easy and efficient way. The plugin also has a free version. If you want to start with free and move to pro you can Download the plugin.
Get latest updates, deals and more from us!